Adobe Audition 2.0 - Need to Record in 44.1k

For discussion of the WDM and ASIO Axia Drivers

Moderators: AXIA_milos, Maciej

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Adobe Audition 2.0 - Need to Record in 44.1k

Post by AXIA_milos »

It was brought to my attention that in Adobe Audition v2.0, the program will not allow the user to record at a different sample rate than the hardware. Livewire is set to a sample rate of 48k and this can not be changed in the IP driver. So, if you were using Audition v2.0 with the IP driver, it would only allow you to record at the 48k sample rate. It is my belief that this isn't that big of a deal, but, in some cases it is. There is at least one case (and maybe more, so I'm posting this here), that a user has some sort of playback system that needs to see 44.1k files. One method is to record in 48k and then sample rate convert, but I imagine that could be a pain. The following is a work around which I found, and is not a sanctioned AXIA method, or product, or anything else. So use at your own responsibility and hopefully others may post follow ups on their experience here.

(1) Go to www.asio4all.com and download the ASIO application. If you want more info on this application, refer to the web site.
(2) Install the download
(3) In Audition v.2, go to Edit -> Audio Hardware Setup...
(4) In Audio Driver drop down, select ASIO4ALL

(5) Make sure the Default Inputs and Outputs are set to the correct Axia Wave number you expect to use.

Doing these steps, I was able to record at a 44.1k sample. You may or may not need to check the auto convert option 44.1 <-> 48 that is in the ASIO4ALL application. Good luck and let others know of your experience.

cmoore

Post by cmoore »

Thanks Milos, everything is working perfect now.

ACLJ

Post by ACLJ »

I too have come across this issue. However, our studios are running Adobe Audition V3. Here's the odd thing, I have two computers with the single IP driver and AA v.3 on both computers. They both ran fine recording at 44.1k until this morning. Now, one computer will only record at 48k and the other is recording at 44.1k and no settings were changed. I found this very strange. Even now, 1 computer is recording in 44.1k with no problems in AA v3. Not sure why yet. I will post any solutions I find in the up coming tests.

-Lee Kebler

Producer of:
"Jay Sekulow LIVE"

ACLJ .org
Axia's best spokesman would be Mr. Freely... Mr. I.P. Freely.

JonCyphers

AA3 with Axia driver

Post by JonCyphers »

Milos-
I just added Audition 3 to our computers and am fighting this sample rate issue.
I'm ready to try this ASIO fix you recommend above, but I noticed that there is a new driver from Axia that includes ASIO, can I just use the Axia driver to pull this off and record in Audition at 44.1? We're using SoundForge 8 currently and it has never had an issue with the Axia driver and recording at 44.1.
Thanks!
Jon

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

IP driver today does not include sample rate conversion. ASIO4ALL does the sample rate conversion. So does your SoundForge. So did the Previous versions of Audition. At the moment, the ASIO4ALL is the work around that I know of.