Multiple single audio drivers on same machine?

For discussion of the WDM and ASIO Axia Drivers

Moderators: AXIA_milos, Maciej

JonCyphers

Multiple single audio drivers on same machine?

Post by JonCyphers »

Can I put more than one single audio driver on the same machine? (I have multiple single licenses).

Is there an IP only multichannel driver, the only thing I ever saw was the ASI card (which we have 2 on the way, but they are going in our Enco boxes) ? Is there a part number for that driver I could use to get a quote so I could eventually remove the single drivers and replace them with the multichannel?

I'm building up a web streaming encoder box and need at least 3 inputs, and I'd rather not go backwards with audio cards and Node outputs.

thanks!
jon

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Multi drivers?

Post by AXIA_milos »

I'm affraid you can not install multiple instances of the driver into a machine, just will not work (I've tried). There is a multi channel IP driver though. It is intended to be used with a delivery system - so we don't sell the multidriver. The deal we have with our partners is that they test various versions of multi-channel with their system (this makes sense because we couldn't possibly support and test all the systems). So, our partners would have a copy of the multi-channel. Since the roll out of the ASi card, I imagine a lot of delivery systems will prefer to use that instead. It is worth a try to ask your delivery system for a multi channel license though. They may be willing to sell you a copy.

JonCyphers

Post by JonCyphers »

Thanks Milos. That explains why you guys don't have it as a product on your site. I'll probably just use an ASI AES card for now, until I can get another ASI LW card in the budget.
I'm kind of caught up in the fever of not having to run much audio cabling!

Catfish
Fearless Leader

Please contact your delivery system vendor.

Post by Catfish »

Hello Jon,

We do in fact have a multichannel driver and it is available through our partners:

http://axiaaudio.com/partners/default.htm

If you are using software from one of these partner companies, they can sell you the multichannel driver and help you update your software if required.

The ASI Livewire card is an excellent alternative to the driver, but you may not need the extra features. We explain the differences here:

http://axiaaudio.com/soundcards/default.htm

Please let us know which way you decide to go.
Michael Dosch