Shoutcast howto

For discussion of the WDM and ASIO Axia Drivers

Moderators: AXIA_milos, Maciej

jesster

Shoutcast howto

Post by jesster »

I'm pretty new to axia and livewire and was wondering if anyone had experience sending an audio feed to shoutcast. I saw that someone mentioned a piece of hardware that would do it, but I'm trying to avoid purchasing new hardware and was hoping that a piece of software on a pc that has the axia audio drivers installed would pull it off. I was looking to use winamp for this since it can pull off the shoutcast connection but I wasn't able to get it to select the axia livewire in. I can however get it to select the line-in from the soundcard and am thinking that might be my only option at this point.

Andrew_KOOP

Post by Andrew_KOOP »

We use shoutcast / winamp to generate our streams.

I'll check what our configuration looks like. We happen to run it on the same machine that hosts our iProfiler and we use the axia software driver from that application to feed the stream. I don't recall an issue with winamp seeing the axia ip driver, but winamp does change frequently so who knows?

Are you able to see the axia livewire in on other sound programs? You should be able to see it and select it on control panel -> sounds and audio devices -> audio. If for some reason you do not see the livewire in, then you may want Axia tech support to help.

I hope this helps,

Andrew

jesster

Post by jesster »

Yes, our system currently streams using windows media encoder and that sees the axia ip driver just fine.

For some reason winamp just keeps showing the soundcard line-in as the only option. I really hope I'm just missing something simple so if you could share details about the winamp side of your setup that would be really helpful.

thanks,
Jesse

jesster

Solution

Post by jesster »

Ok, as I had guessed our problem was something simple. WinAmp wasn't letting us select a different audio device so we set the axia device to be the default device in Windows control panel and after that it all worked.