Requested Source is Inactive or (unavailable)

For discussion of the WDM and ASIO Axia Drivers

Moderators: AXIA_milos, Maciej

davec

Requested Source is Inactive or (unavailable)

Post by davec »

I'm suddenly having a problem with one of my production computers (Windows 7 64 bit) where after sitting unused for a while the IP Audio Driver's source becomes inactive or unavailable to other devices on the network, however it continues to be able to record from other sources. For example, Adobe Audition can still record audio but when I try to assign the source to a Pot on the Element for playback it scrolls a message that the requested source is unavailable or inactive. All I have to do to get it working again is open the IP Audio Driver Configuration and click Browse on one of the destinations, the Livewire Selector menu pops up and after a few seconds, the Pot on the Element suddenly appears with the source name and everything works again. I don't even have to click anything.

I've disabled the firewall, uninstalled the antivirus (Symantec Endpoint), removed the network adapter (Intel Pro CT) and reinstalled with the latest driver. disabled all power saving options.
Installed the latest Axia Audio Driver v2.6.1.18

It's been working fine for about a year, this just started happening.

chsrpd

Post by chsrpd »

We just went through an unscheduled power outage (e.g. severe thunderstorm), and I'm having this exact problem. I can record from the network but the Element can't seem to find the return from the PC.

The simple solution proposed here doesn't seem to do anything all.

I've noticed that the IP Audio Driver channels don't show up in any drop down list, but I don't know if I noticed that before.

Is it possible that whatever normally receives notifications about channels being available is malfunctioning? Like a receiving UDP listener? I've made sure the UDP ports needed are unblocked by the firewall on that machine, restarted the machine (and the Element), retaken the profile, switch profiles, switched channel numbers.. Nothing seems to be having any effect.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Try to restart the Advertisement service. The advertisement function allows the consoles to know of the source. If the console doesn't believe the source is available, it will not show the source profile for selection.

chsrpd

Post by chsrpd »

We ended up re-installing the driver. The working theory is that when the power went off, the machine decided to put in as many patches as it could (Microsoft just pushed out the Windows 10 advertisement patch, for example, which showed up around the same time).

The patches must have interfered somehow with the driver (or registry entries, or a thousand things that can go wrong with Windows), so starting from scorched earth worked to fix it.

Thanks for the response!