Channel missing from drop-down source lists

For discussion of the WDM and ASIO Axia Drivers

Moderators: AXIA_milos, Maciej

Geoff Fairbairn

Channel missing from drop-down source lists

Post by Geoff Fairbairn »

I noticed yesterday that the channel from a stereo IP-Audio driver was missing in drop-down lists of sources - such as in the window that opens when 'Browse' is clicked. The channel broadcasts 24/7, and the channel number and name showed as normal in the relevant xNode output destination.
Today I tried to show my colleague the problem - but the channel is back in the list. So now more of a curiosity than a problem.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

The pop-up window is information stored in the local device (the node) based on advertisement information from all devices and a periodic refresh/purge of said information. This means that if a device stops advertising, the node may purge its "advertisement information" until which time it receives advertisement again. So, if the PC "went to sleep", the data may also have been purged. If the advertisement function in the PC stopped working, could have been purged.

What you shared suggests that the IP driver did not renew its information and the node eventually purged the data.

Advertisement and Audio are not the same thing. Though the advertisement may have been purged, this doesn't mean the audio is also purged.

Geoff Fairbairn

Post by Geoff Fairbairn »

Thanks Milos, that's pretty much what I thought. I wonder why the driver would stop advertising for several hours - the audio ran 24/7 so the PC itself hadn't dozed off. Like I said: more of a curiosity than a problem - I can always type in the channel number 'manually'.