Lose of IP-Audio from/to a Fusion console

For discussion of the WDM and ASIO Axia Drivers

Moderators: AXIA_milos, Maciej

bashford

Lose of IP-Audio from/to a Fusion console

Post by bashford »

Our Fusion console was installed about a month ago, and has been working fine, until this past weekend. The console appears to have lost communication with the two IP-Audio sources. I am aware of the fact that if the computers go to sleep they will not re-establish a connection with the PowerStation and will require a reboot, so I set the computers to never sleep.
Over the weekend the system lost communication to the computers, we rebooted the computers but the problem was still there, it took a reboot of the Fusion console to restore the link.
My concern is that this may become a reoccurring problem. Is there a chance this was a one time problem? If it is a reoccurring problem, is there a repair solution?

Regards
Bruce

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

The console depends on the source device to advertise itself. This is because the console will not present to the user a source that is not existent on the network - thus we need the advertisement to work. Windows PC are notorious for issues due to Sleep mode, firewall/anti-virus software, and other items which can stop the advertisement from getting into the network.

What you describe sounds similar. There is no other mechanism. If the console knows of the source and the user requests it to be on a channel, at that point the DSP engine will request the stream from the network and life is good.

I suspect there wasn't enough time passed for the console to learn of the source after the PC was rebooted.

bashford

Lose of IP-Audio

Post by bashford »

Thank you for the reply and information.
I didn't think about the fact that the DSP engine needs time to find the audio streams. If it occurs again, I will give the console time to find the streams after restarting the computers.