Snow Leopard and the Axia driver

This board is locked. Please post in the IP-Audio Driver for Mac section of the Beta Test board.

Moderators: AXIA_milos, Maciej

clarknovak

Snow Leopard and the Axia driver

Post by clarknovak »

Hi all,

Early reports from beta testers have shown that the Axia Mac driver, Beta version 0.1.9.1, is incompatible with Snow Leopard. Our development team is aware of this and is working on a cure.

CYost

Post by CYost »

Thanks for the update Clark. Please let us know if there is any more troubleshooting information that we can provide.

marcosorourke

Post by marcosorourke »

I was wondering if there is any update on this?

clarknovak

Post by clarknovak »

Still working on it :)

warrencooper

New MAC DAW's in our Axia studios

Post by warrencooper »

Hi All
We are about to upgrade our DAWS in our 2 production studios.
We are going to be changing to MACs and i have a couple of questions:
1) What apps are the current testers using with the beta drivers. We plan on using Final Cut Pro 7, Soundtrack Pro 3 and possibly Logic Pro 9.
2) We are planning on using the latest iMacs with the Apple USB network interface as a second NIC. Has anyone tested this setup, or just the USB NIC?
3) Is there any news on the MAC IP driver and Snow Leopard?

Any help will be most appreciated. We dont want to buy hardware audio IO units unless we really have to.

Thanx

Warren

KirkHarnack
Axia Team

Re: New MAC DAW's in our Axia studios

Post by KirkHarnack »

warrencooper wrote:Hi All
We are about to upgrade our DAWS in our 2 production studios.
We are going to be changing to MACs and i have a couple of questions:
1) What apps are the current testers using with the beta drivers. We plan on using Final Cut Pro 7, Soundtrack Pro 3 and possibly Logic Pro 9.
2) We are planning on using the latest iMacs with the Apple USB network interface as a second NIC. Has anyone tested this setup, or just the USB NIC?
3) Is there any news on the MAC IP driver and Snow Leopard?

Any help will be most appreciated. We dont want to buy hardware audio IO units unless we really have to.

Thanx

Warren
Warren,

I have the IP-Audio driver working in Snow Leopard, however, the GUI is not quite right.

Let me suggest not using the USB-NIC for IP-Audio. That represents another layer of complexity, drivers, software and translation. Best if you use the iMac's built-in NIC for Livewire and a USB NIC for any other networking needs.

Apps? Any app that talks to the Mac's sound system should work fine with the IP-Audio driver. The driver is abstracted as another sound source/destination in OS X's list of audio devices.

Kirk

marcosorourke

Post by marcosorourke »

Kirk, is is a new piece of software or was there a workaround that you discovered to make the exisitng IP driver work?

I really miss being able to hook my Mac up to the network and play my iTunes as a source.