Remote controling iProfiler

Questions about administering the Axia iProFiler automated logging system

Moderator: AXIA_milos

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Remote controling iProfiler

Post by AXIA_milos »

An interesting question was brought up by a customer where they had a need to skim with iProfiler when voice tracks were played from a playout device. Sure the playout device has the audio, but a record of when that audio was played and what was stated?

So the questions and discussion that followed led to this little diddy of a cool app... where if needed, is pretty cool.

With your playout device, you need to be able to connect and send data through TCP. The first step is to establish a connection to the IP address of the iProfilers NIC where the IP drivers is used. For example, I have iProfiler running on a PC with the NIC set to 192.168.100.130. From another PC on the same network, I establish a telnet session to the iProfiler IP (192.168.100.130), port 93.

>telnet 192.168.100.130 93

once established, type

LOGIN

now if you have configured an archive to skim via the IP driver and have it triggered on GPI1 - pin1 (for example), the following command would trigger the skimmer

GPI 1 L

and the following command would stop the skimmer

GPI 1 H

If you do not know much about how to configure skimming with iProfiler, check the iProfiler manual. If you need assistance with setting up "virtual GPIO" with iProfiler, there is a document on this here http://www.axiaaudio.com/manuals/files/ ... O_ver2.pdf

Contact support or ask questions here is you need more assistance.

davidbeck

Post by davidbeck »

Hello Milos

this is very cool. I wrote some logic in PathFinder to record podcasts but your way is much more simple.

David Beck
Radio Blanik, Praha
Czech Republic
David Beck

Chief Engeneer
Radio Blanik / Radio City / Oldies Radio
Praha, Czech Republic

beck@radioblanik.cz