Program terminated?

Questions about administering the Axia iProFiler automated logging system

Moderator: AXIA_milos

Andy Linton

Program terminated?

Post by Andy Linton »

Had a situation at a client where they noticed that the program hadn't been running for a few weeks.

No-one had checked it.

The PC was up, nothing running on it. The PC's error log had no abnormal termination entries.

The client says its unlikely that anyone would have stopped iProFiler manually, but I think that's still the highest likelihood.

Is there a log kept anywhere that records when the program is started and stopped?

Or is there any other way of finding out what happenedD

Andy.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Each Archive has a log folder that has activity recorded. Each day a new log file is created (date stamp). When an Archive is started as well as when it went through an organized shutdown, this is recorded in the log. A forced shutdown will likely not be recorded (PC crash, loss of Power, OS issue, and maybe a MS update). These forced items may have logs in the OS logs.

Andy Linton

Post by Andy Linton »

Hmm, in the archive I see a folder for every day, and a log folder.

In the log folder there is only a file for every day SINCE I restarted the program last week.

The audio folders previous to and including the day it stopped are there, but there are no log files pertaining to the earlier days.

The log stopped at 13:15 on 13th Feb; I restarted it on the 23rd of April. I only see log files for the 23rd April to today.

Any idea why this might be?

Thanks

Andy.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Log files older than 30 days are cleared. This is a static setting at the moment and never has come up before. I suggest checking the windows logs to see what sort of activity was happening at the date in question.

Andy Linton

Post by Andy Linton »

Ah I see. Pity!

There is nothing in the OS logs to show anything unusual, all it was doing around that time was time synching, as it does all the time anyway.

It will remain a mystery, I fear.

Andy.

jayen

IProFiler

Post by jayen »

Hello

Is there a way to monitor the status of IProFiler to check audio/program recording status automatically? Maybe a GPIO contact in case of failure to connect to an alarm system? Since IProFiler and Profiler do not run as services, you cannot pole them via snmp. Having staff monitor everyday is one thing, but what happens if something fails over the holidays and there is no one to check it for those days? Any thoughts and/or suggestions are appreciated.

Jason

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

There is no function in iProfiler to trigger a GPIO. This idea has come up previously and the developer has been notified in the past. I will remind him.

cmac

Post by cmac »

Playback head similar to a reel to reel machine would be ideal.