Enco DAD to control Pathfinder as audio switcher

What can you do with Pathfinder?

Moderators: AXIA_milos, DanBays

BobKirby

Enco DAD to control Pathfinder as audio switcher

Post by BobKirby »

Hi,

We setup our Axia studios about 18 months ago. Now, it's time for me to finish the project of effecting full automation. I need to get an Enco DAD workstation sending commands to Pathfinder so that Pathfinder acts as the DAD's audio switcher.

I think this will amount to creating a number of DAD DCL "pulse" commands as GPOs that will inform Pathfinder which input to connect to which output.

I'll be working on this later this week and next. I know many have already invented this wheel. I thought I'd put out a general call for tips-n-tricks, and also gotchas!
Bob Kirby
Dir. Programming & Operations
High Plains Public Radio
hppr.org

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Bob:

Enco is one of the easier ones I think because it allows for you to send UDP messages of your design.
For example, you can send a text string "BBC-ON" and have in Pathfinder a generic translator setup to the UDP port and have a stack event to do some actions based on the text "BBC-ON". Pathfinder (the current version) also has built in protocol translators for products that ENCO may already be programmed to talk with. This way, you can setup your ENCO PC to communicate with a BT switcher but in reality, the PC will talk to the Pathfinder server whom in turn with make changes to the nodes (as the a switcher would change inputs to an output).

BobKirby

Post by BobKirby »

Milo, the translator feature sounds very useful. I'm sure I'll have more questions later in the week.

For now, thanks!

Bo
Bob Kirby
Dir. Programming & Operations
High Plains Public Radio
hppr.org