Running Pathfinder Server and PC on same CPU

What can you do with Pathfinder?

Moderators: AXIA_milos, DanBays

James_Nebraska

Running Pathfinder Server and PC on same CPU

Post by James_Nebraska »

I'm setting up my Axia system, and I'm trying to get Pathfinder Server and PC to talk. They're both running on the same box, yet pointing the client application to the CPU's IP address hasn't worked yet. What have I missed?
James Duchesneau,
Production Coordinator
NET Radio
Lincoln, Nebraska

DanBays
Axia Team

Post by DanBays »

Have you set up the routers in the server already? Assuming that you have, are you getting an error message when you try to connect the client, or is there just a blank client screen appearing. If the latter, go to the routers drop down menu, in the left control panel and see if there are router listed under that drop down. If so select one and see if it pops up. If you are getting an error message when you are trying to connect with the client, try using 127.0.0.1 for the IP address as this is a local loopback. Also see if there is a firewall enabled on the machine. If so try disabling that. If it works then you will need to tweak the settings of the firewall. You may want to call Axia support on this as they will probably be able to walk you through getting this working faster than emiling back and forth on the forum.

Thanks,
Dan Bays
Software Authority, Inc.
Commercial Recording Studios, Inc.