Routing audio between two nodes?

What can you do with Pathfinder?

Moderators: AXIA_milos, DanBays

Andy Linton

Routing audio between two nodes?

Post by Andy Linton »

Hi, with PF, can I control a route change where the sources and the destinations are not in the same node?

i.e.: I have a node, one output of which feeds a tuner to speakers in the office area.

I want to give the studios a button which will change that route so that their presenter mic is sent to the office speakers.

The pres mic is on one node, the speaker output is on another.

In PF, if I make the button cause a route change, it only allows me route between souces and destinations within the same node.

Thanks

Andy.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Of course Andy. A node can have any source (in the network) applied to an output. This is a function of a node. Pathfinder only issues commands to nodes and nodes respond to the command. So yes, Pathfinder can issue a command for a source on a different node to be assigned to an output.

Andy Linton

Post by Andy Linton »

Thanks Milos, care to share how to do it please?

Andy

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Pathfinder manual is very helpful in all things Pathfinder.
http://www.axiaaudio.com/manuals/files/ ... 8-2008.pdf
Basically, choose the Source you wish to route to the Destination. All Sources should show up. If they do not, then you need to add that device into what is referred to as the "Audio Router". Pathfinder works on Static Databases. If you add a device after you created the "Router", then those Sources and Destinations will not be present in your selection.
I suspect this is your issue. If you are having a problem with finding a Source or a Destination, then it is likely that the Source or Destination is not present in the Database (Audio Router). You will need to Edit the Router and Add the device in order to proceed.
Last edited by AXIA_milos on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Linton

Post by Andy Linton »

OK I see, thanks. One more question -

Its the talklback I'm doing as we discussed previously.

I want a route to occur while a button is pressed and another route when unpressed.

Can I do this is one stack event (i.e. qualifier = button down, action if qualifier met = route a to b; action if qualifier NOT met = route c to b) or do I need two events, one for button pressed and another for button unpressed?

Thanks

Andy

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

qualifier = button down, action if qualifier met = route a to b; action if qualifier NOT met = route c to b
I don't see why this couldn't be done as written.

Andy Linton

Post by Andy Linton »

OK thanks. Talkback all working now. Pity the new products were'nt out 3 months ago! :)

By the way, I made the monitors in the destination studio dim on talkback receive by changing the gain of the CRM source in Vmix to -20, then back to 0 when talkback ends. Works fine, no need to go out of a GPO and back in again.

Rgds

Andy.