Pathfinder / ENCO DAD Control Strings

What can you do with Pathfinder?

Moderators: AXIA_milos, DanBays

Andrew_KOOP

Pathfinder / ENCO DAD Control Strings

Post by Andrew_KOOP »

Hello! I was hoping that one of the talented / experienced / good looking folks on this list could help me troubleshoot a problem of mine.

I want to use Pathfinder to send a text string (by UDP) to our ENCO system. We had this set up and working great back when we built our facility the first time - but I remember there was a trick with how the text string was formatted. After subsequent fire and rebuild we are trying to remember what made this work correctly.

The text string that I am trying to send is formatted like this:
<DADCMD><ID>99999</ID><COMMAND>play pbk1</COMMAND></DADCMD>

I am using a "Generic" protocol translator. I have checked firewall settings and I have used a syslog deamon to verify that the text is actually being sent.

I should note that we also use GPIOVK files with identical strings and they work correctly.

So here's the issue that I have - sending the above string through a Generic protocol translator does not work. However, if I add "%" in front of the text string, it will work. Once. And then it will fail to work again until the protocol translator is stopped and started again. I am suspecting that there may be a cr or lf that it is expecting?

Surely someone else must be using Pathfinder to talk to ENCO?

We are using the current beta for PF.

Thanks in advance for your time and helpful suggestions.

-A

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

I don't know where this is suppose to go, but somewhere in DAD, set
UDP_RESPONSE_METHOD=0

Let us know.

You might also need to define the ASCII value for a space. 20 is the hex value for a space.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

more details on this

Post by AXIA_milos »

[system]
UDP_RESPONSE_METHOD = 0

0 is the original Server connection pipe, 1 is the new Client connection
pipe. Without this line specified, DAD defaults to the old (Server
connection) response path.

Andrew_KOOP

Post by Andrew_KOOP »

Thanks! Our value is:

UDP_RESPONSE_METHOD = 0

Should it be 1?

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

To my understanding, a 0 setting has resolved some issues. Some engineers are looking into related issue at the moment and expect some results in the next few weeks. My best suggestion to you is to use a port monitor that allows you to monitor the string of text coming in to verify it is coming in and is formed in the way it needs to be.