Audio Servers and Elements

What can you do with Pathfinder?

Moderators: AXIA_milos, DanBays

RickD

Audio Servers and Elements

Post by RickD »

We have all our VMixes spread for each station on various Elements. Then the Automation system talks to PathFinder Pro via the ACU Emulation. All is happy until you have to reboot an Element or Audio server.

Our node that feeds our on-air is setup to listen to the mix for each station. What I need to do is switch the feed to the node from the Vmix to the direct source. Re-routing the direct source while I reboot either the Element serving the on-air node or the audio server in-between a need to switch sources.

Would this be done via a Stack Event or could a Panel be built that I can just say for now take the direct source instead of the Vmix while I work with the reboot?

Hoping this makes sense. :?

RickD

Post by RickD »

Also I said Element, what I meant is Engine.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

You could do either. (or both)

Build a panel that upon a button press causes an action to take place. For example a button panel with a button for each of your vmix inputs. Pressing a button would cause a route change. You could incorporate stack events in this so that the button would be yellow to show that vmix input is ON, and gray for OFF. This way you could see which source was active ON AIR. By pressing the button the stack event would route that source to the destination. The stack event could then make the button show green indicating a route of that source instead of the vmix output.

You could also just use stack events without a button interface, but then you would need a trigger that is the qualifier to make the route change occur.