PathFinder Mini and user rights

What can you do with Pathfinder?

Moderators: AXIA_milos, DanBays

Julien

PathFinder Mini and user rights

Post by Julien »

In some of our configurations, we created a virtual mixer with PathFinder Panels. This Mixer is used in our production room : users can mix their different sources (microphone, phone, production software...) without physical mixer but directly with the virtual one. A great feature !

BUT, we are working with a windows domain, and each user need to log in when he wants to work on the station. The problem is that, as mentioned in your documentation and in some topics of this forum, PathFinder Mini needs administrator rights to work on Windows 7...

If I check "run as administrator" checkbox, an administrator login and password is required. But we don't want to give administrator rights to all our users (journalist, producer...)

I tried to give them rights to write in the PathFinder Mini folder, but it's not working better.

Do you have a solution to resolve this, because we really love the possibilities of the PathFinder Mini, but can't use them because of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

alreynolds

Post by alreynolds »

Just beneath the "Run this program as an administrator" option is a button that says "Change settings for all users". Click this and then check the "Run as.." option--that should work for you!

Cheers,
Al

Graham

Post by Graham »

alreynolds wrote:Just beneath the "Run this program as an administrator" option is a button that says "Change settings for all users". Click this and then check the "Run as.." option--that should work for you!

Cheers,
Al
Hi Al, I can't see the "Change settings for all users" button.