Silence Detect Backup Route Set Up

What can you do with Pathfinder?

Moderators: AXIA_milos, DanBays

XR6

Silence Detect Backup Route Set Up

Post by XR6 »

I have two problems setting up the Pathfinder Audio Based Events Backup Route:
1. The Route does not restore to Primary once the Primary source is restarted. The only way I can restore the Primary source is to do a manual switch in Pathfinder PC.

2. The Backup source I want to use originates from a PC using Axia Audio Drivers. On failure of the Primary source I see the "F" fail symbol in Pathfinder PC but the Backup source will not automatically switch to the destination. I am able to manually switch to the Backup source using Pathfinder PC and then see the "B" Backup symbol in Pathfiner PC. It seems that the sensing does not recognise the backup source as being valid, so will not switch.

Any ideas on how to resolve these problems?

Thank you

John_Axia
Axia Team

Post by John_Axia »

Hello XR6

You did not state the current version of Pathfinder Server or the IP Driver version.

[quote] 1. The Route does not restore to Primary once the Primary source is restarted. The only way I can restore the Primary source is to do a manual switch in Pathfinder PC. [/quote]

This is by design. The standard silence detect feature does not auto-routeback, because it is assumed audio may get restored briefly during the repair process, and we want an engineer to actually confirm that everything is ok and manually make the switch back.

If you want it to auto-switchback, this can be accomplished by using the standard silence event but adding a STACK event with 2 qualifiers and an action to force the switchback to primary. Qualifier 1 verifies the destination is currently routed to the backup. Qualifier 2 would be audio present sensor on the primary for a given amount of time. Action would of course be the route back to primary.

[quote]2. The Backup source I want to use originates from a PC using Axia Audio Drivers. On failure of the Primary source I see the "F" fail symbol in Pathfinder PC but the Backup source will not automatically switch to the destination.[/quote]

The metering and audio detection on the Axia driver is NOT supported in the current release of driver, ver 2.4.7.3. The route to backup will only happen if PFS sees there is audio present on the backup.

To bypass this issue you can either route the PC source to a Node Output and loop it back to a node input. Then use the node source as the backup route.

The other option: rather than using the Single event Backup Route option create a STACK event that does the backup route from the Primary Route at the loss of audio. Doing it this way then forces the route change to the PC source regardless if there is audio present or not on the PC source. Then you have the second stack event you created for the auto switchback when audio becomes present on the Primary route to switch it back.

Note that this audio and metering sensing has been added in a soon to be released driver version. This would then allow PF to sense audio presence on PC Driver sources. Please check the Axia website within the next week for more information, www.axiaaudio.com . Also check to be sure you have the latest Pathfinder SW. Go to www.softwareauthority.com/axia for the latest and greatest.

If you have more direct questions please contact Axia support directly via email or by phone.
John M.
Axia Support Engineer
email: support<AT>axiaaudio.com

cmac

Post by cmac »

Hi,
I have Pathfiner setup using two stack events to switch from a Primary Audio Route to a secondary source upon 30 seconds of silence and then return back to primary once program has returned to normal for at least 5 seconds.
My question is, how can I have Pathfinder send an notification email when program has returned back to normal? Currently if send email is setup in the second stack event upon primary audio detect it will constantly be sending emails. Ideally it would be great if Pathfinder could send a notifiaction email after a silence and return to normal has occured.
Chris

davidbeck

Post by davidbeck »

Hello cmac,

adding one more qualifier – Route Status - to your second Stack Event will solve your problem with e-mails. Here is what I have and works great:

1) If there is Silence Detect for 15 seconds on Destination TXCITY (Digital Node Output) then Activate Route IPOD to TXCITY, Send Email, start flashing LCD User Button with caption "Alarm!"

2) If there is Audio Present for 5 seconds on Destination TXCITY (Digital Node Output) AND Route Status is IPOD to TXCITY then Activate Route PGM to TXCITY, Send Email.

David Beck
beck@radioblanik.cz
Radio Blanik
Praha
Czech Republic
David Beck

Chief Engeneer
Radio Blanik / Radio City / Oldies Radio
Praha, Czech Republic

beck@radioblanik.cz

cmac

Post by cmac »

Thank you David

This is what I have setup now but I am constantly recieving emails that Program Audio is normal. Does the order in which the qualifiers matter?

davidbeck

Post by davidbeck »

I have Silence Detection first and Route Status as second. I have this logic over a year - working with all version from 4.0 up to the latest 4.24. I am sending you XML file to your e-mail.
David Beck

Chief Engeneer
Radio Blanik / Radio City / Oldies Radio
Praha, Czech Republic

beck@radioblanik.cz

cmac

Post by cmac »

Great thanks David