Using an x-node as a standalone audio card

Questions pertaining to Axia Audio Nodes

Moderator: AXIA_milos

twolochs

Using an x-node as a standalone audio card

Post by twolochs »

I know x-nodes can be used back to back as standalone audio snakes, and I am wondering if there is any reason one couldn't be used standalone with a PC running the Axia IP-Audio software to create in effect a high quality soundcard.

That is to get audio in and out of the PC with no other Axia mix engines etc on the network, just the IP-Audio software talking to one or more x-Nodes used as audio interfaces.
Two Lochs Radio
Serving Wester Ross in the Highlands of Scotland

ketil@soundware

Re: Using an x-node as a standalone audio card

Post by ketil@soundware »

twolochs wrote:I know x-nodes can be used back to back as standalone audio snakes, and I am wondering if there is any reason one couldn't be used standalone with a PC running the Axia IP-Audio software to create in effect a high quality soundcard.

That is to get audio in and out of the PC with no other Axia mix engines etc on the network, just the IP-Audio software talking to one or more x-Nodes used as audio interfaces.
Yes, indeed. That works just fine
Taking in account the built-in router/mixer, it's a real power pack!

Best/Ketil

twolochs

Post by twolochs »

Brilliant, thanks Ketil, I'll give it a go.

Alex
Two Lochs Radio

craig.arthur

Post by craig.arthur »

That's how we used the first node we got at Radio Royal in Larbert, purely to get sound out of a virtual machine.

Over time we've added bits of kit and yesterday our first whole studio went live.

twolochs

Post by twolochs »

Thanks for the confirmation Craig. Good to hear about your new studio too. We got a full set of Axia gear for the radio station, but not yet deployed, and it suddenly occurred to me one of the nodes could solve a problem I have with an unreliable M-Audio 8 track interface!

If ever you're visiting Wester Ross, do get in touch and drop by for a visit to Two Lochs Radio.

Alex
Two Lochs Radio