Intermittent no audio on playback

Questions pertaining to Axia Audio Nodes

Moderator: AXIA_milos

douglas172

Intermittent no audio on playback

Post by douglas172 »

Occasionally(maybe once a week) we have an audio cut playing, but no audio is coming from the 8x8 analog audio node. I noticed that the first 2 leds on that channels display are also not lit. Normally the first two leds are lit on an active channel. I have selected that the channel stays active when no audio is bieng fed through that channel. Any ideas?

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

When the stream is silent and present on the network, you will see the two dots. The two dots indicate that the stream is good. If you are not getting the two dots, this indicates the node is not receiving the stream or that there is a problem with that multicast group.

This indicates that the PC is no sending the multicast stream into the network. Is this an IPdriver-Node snake? or is this a network of devices? The issue is likely present in the PC machine. Firewalls? Anti-Virus software? Check the network properties, task manager network details for steady network usage.

Jon

Post by Jon »

Also suggest verifying that "Keep channel active when playback is stopped" is checked off in the IP driver control panel below the sources listing.

douglas172

Post by douglas172 »

This is networked using Cisco 2960 Catalyst Switches. The firewall is not on. This is on a private network with no anti-virus software running. The keep channel active is checked. I will monitor network usage. This is running with OPX.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Is the 2960 configured as we suggest? What are the SYNC and MASTER lights doing on all nodes you have? Any blinking would not be good. YOu should have one node in your system that indicates MASTER and the rest should only show a solid SYNC. If not, I would suspect switch configuration issue.

douglas172

Post by douglas172 »

I have one master and no blinking lights. Could the configuration in the 2960 be incorrect?

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Perhaps it is the PC then. The question is why are the multicast groups not appearing on the network. Do you have any duplicate Livewire channel numbers?

douglas172

Post by douglas172 »

I do not have any duplicate numbers.