Sharing an external source's GPIO

Board for technical discussion of Axia IP-Intercom system.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

marcosorourke

Sharing an external source's GPIO

Post by marcosorourke »

How can I go about sharing my external source's GPIO? For example I have a two-way radio that I've got working on one IC.20, but I want BOTH IC.20s to be able to access the Talk and Listen feature.

The way I have the one IC.20 rigged is that I have the IP address of the 2-way Radio's GPIO in the IC.20's GPIO page, and vice versa. So they both are looking at each other's IP address (10.0.1.30/3 on one and 10.0.1.202/5).

Am I doing this right? Or is there a better way of doing this so that both (and eventually more of my intercom units can access the Talk and Listen?

bjones3221

Re: Sharing an external source's GPIO

Post by bjones3221 »

marcosorourke wrote:How can I go about sharing my external source's GPIO? For example I have a two-way radio that I've got working on one IC.20, but I want BOTH IC.20s to be able to access the Talk and Listen feature.

The way I have the one IC.20 rigged is that I have the IP address of the 2-way Radio's GPIO in the IC.20's GPIO page, and vice versa. So they both are looking at each other's IP address (10.0.1.30/3 on one and 10.0.1.202/5).

Am I doing this right? Or is there a better way of doing this so that both (and eventually more of my intercom units can access the Talk and Listen?
Marcos,

I'm curious how you solved this problem. I was recently at a site where we had this problem. I solved it by creating a V-Mix of all of the intercom channels that needed to go to the 2-Way. And then created a stack event in pathfinder. The stack event did two things. Turned on the V-Mix channel for the intercom that was pressing the "talk" button and and also triggered the GPIO that was wired to key the two way radio.

I found I had to turn the V-Mix channel on and and off, because if someone was talking on another intercom while someone else talked to the 2-Way. I didn't want that "other" audio being fed to the 2-way output.

I'm curious how you solved it

Thanks
Bryan Jones

marcosorourke

Post by marcosorourke »

I basically had to set up a Pathfinder stack event that when the CSQ of the two-way radio was detected on a GPIO port (the 10.0.1.30 node) it would fire the "Listen" pin on the IC.20s that I wanted to use.

As for the talking part...

Again another Pathfinder script that did the reverse and also routed the intercom mic to the radio's input, and upon release of the talk button would remove the route (so no audio would be sent to the radio).