How to connect the IC.1 panel to an IQ system ??

Board for technical discussion of Axia IP-Intercom system.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

JodyD

How to connect the IC.1 panel to an IQ system ??

Post by JodyD »

What is the best way to connect an IC.1panel to an IQ-console studio system ?
ie:: via analog audio in-out ? or via Livewire - taking into account that the number of LW streams in IQ is limited to 12in / 4out ... ??
{and we need all the LW I/Os for real audio !}

Would the audio be taken from the IC.1 panel to the IQ core - or would this have to be via a separate node ?

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Maybe you need to provide more information on how you wish to use the IC.1, but the IC.1 has inputs for audio input and has a speaker for audio out. You connect the IC.1 to the switch so that the IC.1 can communicate with other intercom units in the network.

milos

JodyD

IP Intercom to iQ consoles

Post by JodyD »

Milos - my question was really as to whether the intercom audio can be taken from a Livewire stream on an iQ system - or whether discreet audio needs to be connected to the intercom panel.

eg: we need to balance the use of LW / discreet audio - due to the number of LW streams available on the iQ system (and being used for broadcast):

a) We use an intercom panel mic ... but can the console presenter mic be used via LW as the intercom mic source if needed ?

b) Can the intercom audio be directed to the iQ system monitors (headphones when mic is live) - using Livewire routing ?

c) we will send mic open GPI mute control to the intercom panel ... so how best to connect the audio out to the iQ monitor bus ?

Thanks !

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

I assume you are using an IC.1 in the same space as the iQ console.
a) We use an intercom panel mic ... but can the console presenter mic be used via LW as the intercom mic source if needed ?
In order to do this, you would dedicate an Analog output of the QOR to be the Microphone # input. You wire this output to the IC.1 Line input.
b) Can the intercom audio be directed to the iQ system monitors (headphones when mic is live) - using Livewire routing ?
not really. I suppose you could wire the analog output of the IC.1 to an analog input of iQ. Enter this into the single vmix of iQ and create a mix with CR monitors. But why go to all that trouble when the IC.1 has a built in speaker?
c) we will send mic open GPI mute control to the intercom panel ... so how best to connect the audio out to the iQ monitor bus ?

not clear what you are asking. If you are asking how to get intercom audio into the iQ, use the line level output connector of the IC.1 and connect this into iQ analog input. Audio sent to the intercom unit will be present in the iQ input.

rhinorod

intercom to headphones.

Post by rhinorod »

I see the issue is really getting the intercom audio into the headphones when a Mic is live. with only one vmix this is not always an option.

Can the intercom be configured to receive the CR headphone and then use the output of the intercom to feed the headphones? But this would use up one of the Livewire I/O correct?

Looking for options, limitations.

Rod

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

You can assign as external source the cr headphone source and assign to intercom key - listen. Even define a gpio to trigger the listening of said source.
Yes, this would use up a LW channel through the QOR gateway.