Cable for AES?

Discuss network setup and configuration.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

James_Nebraska

Cable for AES?

Post by James_Nebraska »

In the past, I've used West-Penn DA2401, single pair, shielded 110 Ohm cable. The insulated wires don't fit in the CAT6 plugs, so what cable is preferred for making AES runs to the AXIA boxes?

I imagine that it's a bit of a waste to run MediaTwist or DataTwist, only to use/terminate 3 of the 8 wires in the cable.
James Duchesneau,
Production Coordinator
NET Radio
Lincoln, Nebraska

clarknovak

Post by clarknovak »

Hi James,

I don't have a specific recommendation per se, but Steve Lampen of Belden authored a very useful paper on choosing Category cable for Axia systems. (Although he uses Belden cable for examples, the criteria he puts forth can be easily applied to other brands.)

Some others may have specific recommendations, but you might find the paper useful; it's posted at www.axiaaudio.com/tech/cable/ .

willem

Re: Cable for AES?

Post by willem »

James_Nebraska wrote:In the past, I've used West-Penn DA2401, single pair, shielded 110 Ohm cable. The insulated wires don't fit in the CAT6 plugs, so what cable is preferred for making AES runs to the AXIA boxes?

I imagine that it's a bit of a waste to run MediaTwist or DataTwist, only to use/terminate 3 of the 8 wires in the cable.
like in DHD (www.dhd-audio.de) cat5 is ok.
gr.
Willem