NEXT GPIO

Discuss network setup and configuration.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

cursed

NEXT GPIO

Post by cursed »

Hi,

We recently purchased an NX12 Telos telephone system. Before we were using gentner.

In the old system were automating the NEXT function through fader starts. Now in this system I can't find the NEXT input on the GPIO parallel port. I have read the manual but still can't find it.

COuld anyone please help me with this. I might be overlooking the manual.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

I called over to the Telos support team and asked them the question and they informed me the NEXT function is available on the Desktop director.

cursed

Next GPIO

Post by cursed »

I beleive it is available on the Desktop Director. But I need to integrate this with my Mixer. E.g. If I pull up a fader it would send a GPI to the system which would activate the NEXT function.

Coz this is happening with our current system. So I'm upgrading to Telos. I was looking for the same thing.

Please reply.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

I'm sorry that you are having an issue. The Telos Nx12 was not designed to have the Next function on the GPIO port. The feature didn't exists on the GPIO port in the previous models of 2x12 nor 1x6.

The NEXT function was designed and placed on the Desktop director.

Andrew_KOOP

Post by Andrew_KOOP »

hmm. could you have pathfinder push a text string via telnet to the Nx12?

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

hmm. could you have pathfinder push a text string via telnet to the Nx12?
I retract my previous statement. :oops: After having some time to look up more into what is known as the Telos AP protocol, I've discovered this is not as simple as establishing a TCP connection and using simple TEXT commands. A custom built application say with VB could be built with what I believe is the AxtiveX control available on the Telos-systems web site. Pathfinder could be used to trigger this application on a GPO closure.