Livewire CoS

Discuss network setup and configuration.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

MarcJohnson

Livewire CoS

Post by MarcJohnson »

<This is an actual question emailed to Axia Technical Support>
I have a client who is asking what the CoS value is for Livewire because they are wanting to include lots of other data on the same network. As far as I can tell, it is set to 6 by default. Do you have any guidelines on how to integrate Livewire within a larger network?

MarcJohnson

Post by MarcJohnson »

The answer:

That's a switch configuration question. And it's rather easy to do, but I think it best if we do it realtime together on the phone the first time. After that you'll be a pro. Call Axia support whenever you're ready. We're here 24/7.

Now, a little caveat :D With the high speed and packet size of an Axia network, we recommend keeping things like automation systems and office network traffic off the Axia network. Why? Because Axia networks are optimized for audio - audio traffic ALWAYS comes first in terms of priority. It's possible that a piece of office equipment could broadcast an advertisement that could interfere with your Axia audio delivery.

It's always best practice to isolate audio traffic to its own switching network or at the very least, its own VLAN. If you need help with finding the most economical switch network, I would be happy to get a look at your system and recommend the best solution. Just let me know.

(And yes, the answer is 6, for those who must know :wink: )