OLED button panel

Discuss network setup and configuration.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

David

OLED button panel

Post by David »

How come the 8 oled button panel will take an IP address, but not a net mask when the id button is pushed. The iprobe bootp request comes up, I make the changes and only the ip address takes.

I tested with telnet and it responded to button pushes. I quess maybe it is working fine. Is the net mask fixed on a button panel? I would think it has to be on the same net mask as my other axia gear. Pathfinder will need to find it in order to create a GPIO Router. What's up here?

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

what is the netmask in which you are finding the button panel to be stuck on?

It doesn't need to tbe the same as other gear, it simply needs to be an appropriate mask to work for your network. 255.0.0.0 netmask is a wise open mask where 255.255.255.0 is a smaller mask.

This device will not be added into the Pathfinder routers since the device is neither an Audio device nor a GPIO device. You will give the butons function by using Stack events or Panel designer.

David

OLED IP netmask

Post by David »

the netmask it has is 3.32.8.165 and won't take any change.

The NET led does not stay lit. The connection is direct to cisco switch on a known working port.

Iprobe does not find it when it scans. Is it suppose to recognize a button device?

I'm starting to think there is a faulty nic in the OLED panel since the link lights on back are lit, but the NET led is not.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

First) Try this BootPS application
ftp://ftp.zephyr.com/pub/Axia/Tools/bootps.exe

Second) Iprobe will not see the device. Iprobe uses the advertisement multicast group to discover devices which the panel does not use.

The NET led will go on when an active TCP connection is established.

David

OLED Button

Post by David »

Still no luck. It will not take the netmask. After running the bootps file you suggested I download, it says it applies 192.168.0.142 with a netmask of 255.0.0.0. If I then run the Iprobe bootps program again it will still show the old netmask, so I assume it is not taking.

My setup has a netmask of 255.255.255.0 as it is not overly large, 15 to 20 axia devices. How do I get the bootps.exe program to change to this netmask since the iprobe version won't make the change?

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Do you have a DHCP server on the same network? pootp is an older form of DHCP and I have seen conflict in such cases that the DHCP will send illegal netmask values... as the value you are reporting back is.

If not, perhaps your best option is to call tech support.

David

OLED trouble

Post by David »

I do not have a DHCP server on the network. It is a separate Axia network only. I will call tech support.