GPIO Tally instead of Pulse?

Discuss network setup and configuration.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

wharrison

GPIO Tally instead of Pulse?

Post by wharrison »

If I have a playback device that wants a tally to keep playing, as opposed to a pulse to start and a pulse to stop, is there a way to configure that in either the source profile or in the GPIO node itself?

Its is a computer playback device - which as defined by the source profile the Axia system only sends start and stop pulses...

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Consider changing the source type to LINE type. The type you define in the source profile defines the logic associated with the source. Each of the source types available were created with a work flow in mind and given a name. Just because the source is from a computer playout, doesn't mean the source type needs to be Computer Player. You could use any other source type if the logic of that source type works for the work flow. You asked for a latch ON state. This is not part of the work flow associated with Computer player source type but is in Line type. Line type has the following logic (this information is available in various manuals)

GPO-1 : Latch ON during ON State
GPO-2 : Latch ON during OFF state
GPO-3 : Latch ON during Preview state
GPO-4 : momentary when changing to ON state
GPO-5 : momentary when changing to OFF state.

So the logic you are looking for is GPO-1 of the Line type.

wharrison

Post by wharrison »

It is a LINE type. But I have found the source of my confusion...

In looking at the manuals, I was glancing past GPO 1-3, and only looking at GPO4 and 5, which are labelled START and STOP. They are 100ms pulses. It did not occur to me to look at the other GPOs, as I was hooking up START and STOP to the device.

I see now that GPO 1-3 are indeed latched, and could have been used easily.

-William