IQ User Buttons

For discussion of iQ and Radius mixing consoles

Moderator: AXIA_milos

David

IQ User Buttons

Post by David »

When will there be new firmware available for the IQ console that will support the user button option? I see the manual has been updated, but no new software for the engine. :?:

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

A version is in the final stages of testing and expected to be released next week. If you want/need advance access to version, please contact support at AxiaAudio.com and request version 1.0.10.26.

David

User Button

Post by David »

How does one get a user button to lite? I mapped the gpio and can make a route change when the User A button is pushed on the IQ by setting an event up in pathfinder server, but would like to also have an action if met that will turn the light the button on.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

A button press will create a GPO. A GPI trigger will create the button to light.
So either, you physically trigger the GPI with a GPO, or you trigger a GPI with a virtual GPIO port.

David

Post by David »

Got it. Was able to set virtual GPIO and sense a USER Button push with pathfinder pc and change a route.

Is there a way for pathfinder pc to create a latching situation with a IQ user button like you can with a software button?

example:

USER A lit when pressed, changes to route A and remains lit as long as route A active...USER B through E not lit.

USER B lit when pressed, changes to route B and remains lit as long as route B active....USER A and USER C through E not lit.

etc, etc.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

I'm sorry to say that at this time you can not control the buttons in a manner as you wish through Pathfinder.

Currently the buttons are tied to GPIO logic. So the means to have Pathfinder control the button light is to cause the triggering of a GPI (a latch of that GPI). You can do this two ways, trigger a GPO and wire the GPO to the GPI
-or-
Have Pathfinder trigger a virtual GPI.

I assume you would prefer the latter. So where can you find virtual GPI?
IP driver has virtual driver and un-used channels could be used.
ASI card has virtual GPIO
Then there is an option that would be released in a new version of Pathfinder which can -in simple terms- allow you to avoid virtual ports. I will have more information on this feature set in regards to availability next week.