iQ and Livewire setup

For discussion of iQ and Radius mixing consoles

Moderator: AXIA_milos

Bert B.

iQ and Livewire setup

Post by Bert B. »

Hello,

I have a PC with Livewire and and iQ console connected.
How can I setup the iQ so it sends the ON, START, PREVIEW, START and STOP commands to the PC.
A gpiovk file has already been set up for the PC and is working locally with the test screen in the driver.
We have already been studying the webinterface but need a little push in the right direction.

Bert

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

When a Livewire source is loaded to an iQ console, it would automatically send logic through the network. The logic it sends is based on the profile type you have defined. Chapter 5 of the manual (rev 1.2) will have tables that show that logic. If you had a GPIO xNode on the network, and you assigned that same channel to a port of said xNode, than the pins on the xNode would follow this logic (as defined in the tables). The same applies to the IP driver. Both the xNode and the IP driver are receiving this data.

As an example, the Line type would have
Latching ON state GPO 1
Latching OFF state GPO 2
Latching Preview state GPO 3
momentary when entering ON state GPO 4
momentary when entering OFF state GPO 5

Bert B.

Post by Bert B. »

Hello Milos,

I don't understand much from what you wrote.
The Profile Type for the sources is set to Computer Player.
At this time I only have a PC and an iQ console connected, there is no xNode (who said I had one?).

Chapter 5 is all about GPIO, cables to connect a PC to the console.
From what you wrote I understand that I need physical cabling between the console and the PC.

I was under the impression that Livewire allows me to send the ON, OFF, PREVIEW, START and STOP commands that I defined in the gpiovk file, from the console to the PC and the automation software over ethernet.

What is the purpose of the gpiovk file?

Regards,
Bert

Bert B.

Post by Bert B. »

I have got a solution for my problem: open port 93 on the firewall