Restore settings?

For discussion of iQ and Radius mixing consoles

Moderator: AXIA_milos

SmokChsr

Restore settings?

Post by SmokChsr »

I had to replace an IQ core, prior to this I saved a backup of the previous core & settings. Yet when I go to restore, I select the file to restore, and press the restore button. The file name goes away from the selection window but no settings are changed in the IQ. I did reboot several times and of course tried the restore operation several times as well hoping for a different outcome.

I even reset the new core to the previous firmware version, thinking perhaps the backup files might be different between firmware versions. No change in results.
Who let the magic smoke out?

SmokChsr

Manual restore compleated.. (I let my fingers do the typing)

Post by SmokChsr »

For now I went ahead and reprogrammed the new IQ core by pulling them up side by side in separate windows.

When I had them side by side I was able to see that the older firmware in the replacement core was newer than the firmware in the previous core.

My best guess at the moment is that the new core rejected the backup from the original core due to differences in the data fields.

PS I do like the ability to name the inputs & outputs on their respective screen, rather then only in the profile section. I saw other new adds that looked nice, but didn't have a chance to play with them yet.

Guess I better do screen shots in addition to the backup file for the other 2 consoles.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Please provide versions of software you are using.
Once a backup config is loaded, the QOR requires a reboot for the backup settings to take place. I believe you state you did this, so mystery why you had trouble. If you can share the versions of software, that will help understand the issue.

SmokChsr

Post by SmokChsr »

AXIA_milos wrote:Please provide versions of software you are using.
Seems this was the case I don't have the exact firmware versions involved. The original IQ was on the first released version of firmware. The replacement IQ had 2 version of firmware that were both newer than the core I was replacing.

So, the moral of the story is that I should be able to resolve the problem by first updating the firmware on the core to be replaced so it matches the replacement core.

I've got 2 more that should be changed per support, so I will get a chance to confirm this will resolve the issue.

SmokChsr

Updating Firmware Helped..

Post by SmokChsr »

By updating the Firmware on the 2nd core to be replaced and then doing the replacement things went much better. I was able to restore most settings to the new core.

It still was not completely painless, it took a few reboots to get everything working. Also I noticed that the control surface had to be manually configured to be connected to console. It's quite scary when you put in the new core and the control surface doesn't come back up. Luckily I found that it came up as NONE connected to console. Once that setting was corrected and the system was rebooted twice everything came back working.

I have one more core to upgrade, by the time I do that one I might even know what I'm doing.

For anyone else running one of these systems, Do keep back up settings files, as well as screen shots of your set up screens. It's quite amazing how quickly you forget what was connected to each input and output, as well as what is normally assigned to each fader once it all goes to none.