ENCO with Fusion and Power Station

Talk about Fusion audio consoles.
ebukont

ENCO with Fusion and Power Station

Post by ebukont »

I am having trouble getting the Start from a Fusion/Power station talking properly over the network to an ENCO DAD that is using the Axia AoIP driver. Audio seems to flow just fine. Only GPIO is the issue.
1. If I click on GPIO in the Axia AoIP driver, and use the DAD widget to test function, I can Start and Stop DAD
2. If I open Pathfinder PC, Control (Router) and Right Click on the appropriate DAD channel, I can control DAD in the right side of the window
3. With that same window open, I can see the appropriate Livewire channel number in the left side of the window, and I can control the Fusion console.
4. I have a black line between the left side (console) and right side (DAD) parts of the window. Yet I have no communication between the sides.
5. I have tried clearing and restoring the line between the sides. It does not solve the problem.

What am I missing? My time is very short to address this. Surely there are others who have made this combination work. All of the doco I find is several years old, in some cases 10 years old and does not seem to address the current products.

I can post pics of what is/is not happening if that helps. Support seems to think its an ENCO problem, ENCO shows they are not receiving communication from Axia. I could use a hand here!! Thanks

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Does the Fusion surface indicate Listen Only mode for the channel that is ENCO? If this were the case, GPIO would not be sent from the console. This can occur if the ENCO-PC is not accepting source allocation messaging. Source allocation is a mechanism for keeping track who is using a source and allows the console to safely do things (because it "owns" the source).
This issue is typically a Firewall issue on the PC.

I'm not clear on what you are referring to in item 4 & 5.

ebukont

Post by ebukont »

Milos

If I go to the Axia driver on the PC and look at allocation, I see the ENCO allocated to the faders on the console.

If I go to the Power Station for the particular Fusion, I looked under Stream Statistics. I do not see anything indicating 'Listen Only".

Where else should I look.

I would post a screen shot or pic related to item 4/5 but I do not see where I can do so.

Please advise

Thank you

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

On the Fusion console, when in Listen Only mode, there will be an icon on the channel display which is a circle with a horizontal line in the middle (like a no entry Euro street sign).

Pressing the option knob of the channel brings up the options for the channel and in the Current Source window will be information indicating LISTEN ONLY and which other console has ownership. If it indicates no console has ownership, this is a typical indication of issues in the allocation messaging.