Element glitch and log files

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

Stavros Boulitsakis

Element glitch and log files

Post by Stavros Boulitsakis »

Hi.
After two months we had an element surface glitch. Surface buttons etc were not responding probably because of communication loss between surface and mix engine.
Thank God channels were on and audio was playing fine.
Finally a reboot on the CPU/PS cured the problem.
Anyone ever faced that?
I am not sure if it was a network problem or something else, but one thing I noticed in the log files of the element are several entries of the type:

js: scripts/common.js:331: warning: Cmsg request timed out 5:443

(numbers like 5:443 vary)

These were the messages during the time of the glitch but the strange thing is that looking at the logs of the other consoles installed in the site I can see that in many occasions the same warning entries appear every now and then but never had led to a glitch. I swapped units, changed network cables etc but the same entries appear a couple of times 3-4 times a day.
Anyone has ever noticed similar behaviour?
Any ideas?

Axia support is working on this but in the meantime your feedback would be more than helpful.

Thanks in advance

Stavros Boulitsakis
Athens Greece

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

These error messages are related to when fader start is enabled and a user attempts to use the ON/OFF button while a fader is down. These error messages are of no harm, nor do they indicate a problem.

Stavros Boulitsakis

Post by Stavros Boulitsakis »

:wink:
Axia should start giving credit to those who resolve weird stuff like these warning messages...
:D

Stavros Boulitsakis