GPIO Breakout Ideas?

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

Andrew_KOOP

GPIO Breakout Ideas?

Post by Andrew_KOOP »

Hello!

We are looking for vendors that make Dsub breakout boards - like the ones made by Winford engineering. We used Winford before, but now that we're rewiring we wanted to see what else was out there and available.

We have used the Studiohub 66 block breakouts also. We prefer the screw terminals to the punch blocks.

In a similar vein - we used DB15 cables to go from our PS/GPIO node to our breakout boards (which we mounted on DIN rail in a convenient easy-to-wire spot). But we had trouble finding cables that were narrow enough - the housings were big enough so that we could not fit cables into all the GPIO outputs. We solved this problem with a Craftsman sander to the cable housings, but surely a more elegant solution exists?

Thanks,

Andrew

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

I personally only know of the Winford products. I really like what Winford offers and recently purchased some myself. I've looked in Mouser and Digikey for like products and have had no success.

As for the housing, also, haven't found anything other than what is shipped with the Element or GPIO node that fits multiple connections.

george_nz

Post by george_nz »

We use XIaudio dongles supplied by stuart@avc-group.co.nz
these allow connections via DB15/ 2 RJ45 sockets, one for the input, one for outputs, + jumpers for config.
These allow GPIO connections via RJ45 patch cables.

Put put some station photos up to show how it looks.

Andrew_KOOP

Post by Andrew_KOOP »

Is there a website with info on the XI audio stuff? Google didn't seem to find it.

I did find that Camden manufactures similar Dsub-to-terminal strip products (www.camdenelec.com). They are a little pricier than the Winford products but they are more compact.

Thanks!

george_nz

Post by george_nz »

xiaudio.com but they dont have any of their cool products up there yet.
They also do 2m RJ45 - various audio connector for connections, and some desk top headphone amps - look at the photos for Mai FM and Heart 1032.
Contact stuart as per my last post.

Dantoine

Re: GPIO Breakout Ideas?

Post by Dantoine »

Hello fellow Axians..

In case anyone is interested I found a male 15 pin Dsub breakout adaptor from MCM electronics. $8.99

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/8 ... OgodwGEAIA