Copying profiles?

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

Andy Linton

Copying profiles?

Post by Andy Linton »

Is there any way of copying user profiles from one element to another?

(Without using a pen and paper!)

Thanks

Andy.

Catfish
Fearless Leader

Of course!

Post by Catfish »

Hello Andy,

Axia offers a system management tool that gives you the ability to capture settings from any Axia device to a PC. You can push those settings to any device as well. There are many more features of this program including remote administration, diagnostics, etc. The program is called iProbe. Highly recommended for you power users:

http://axiaaudio.com/components/default.htm#iProFiler

Some simpler tools are being built into the next major release of the Element software so you can do some of this right from the web configuration page.

Enjoy!
Michael Dosch

George Seifert

Re: Of course!

Post by George Seifert »

Catfish wrote:Hello Andy,

Axia offers a system management tool that gives you the ability to capture settings from any Axia device to a PC. You can push those settings to any device as well. There are many more features of this program including remote administration, diagnostics, etc. The program is called iProbe. Highly recommended for you power users:

http://axiaaudio.com/components/default.htm#iProFiler

Some simpler tools are being built into the next major release of the Element software so you can do some of this right from the web configuration page.

Enjoy!
You told him about iProbe but gave him the link to iProfiler, which is a recording/playback package. Just an observation.

G
Left Ohio for sunshine and boy did I find it!
Downside is I can't drive my products to Cleveland anymore for repairs :(

Catfish
Fearless Leader

It's on that same page.

Post by Catfish »

Thanks George. There was no link directly to iProbe. If you click on the link I sent, you will see these four programs:

The IP Audio Driver
iProbe
iProfiler
iPlay

It is the second one.
Michael Dosch

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Re: Copying profiles?

Post by AXIA_milos »

Andy Linton wrote:Is there any way of copying user profiles from one element to another?
Element pages, go to Customize. At the bottom of the page is a method to download to a PC the Element configuration. This will include Show Profiles as well as Source Profiles and other settings. This file is an XML based file. If all you want is the show profile of a particular Show, you could locate it in the XML file and copy it to another XML file and then upload this into the 2nd Element.
Be sure to maintain format! (i.e. download the config from 2nd Element and carefully insert the needed information, then upload)

Also, it is always a good measure to save these settings on another machine.

Andy Linton

Post by Andy Linton »

What prog would you suggest to edit the xml file?

A.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

any text editor. (notepad for example)

Many years ago I came across UltraEdit and that is my editor of choice. I don't know if it is the best application to use for Element XML files, I'm just comfortable with it after I used UltraEdit many years ago to Edit KLOTZ-Vadis-II files.