Element v2.1.0.21 and Engine 2.4.9r6 software now available

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

clarknovak

Element v2.1.0.21 and Engine 2.4.9r6 software now available

Post by clarknovak »

New Element v2.1.0.21 and Engine 2.4.9r6 software packages and installation instructions have been posted on the Downloads page of the Axia website for your upgrading pleasure :D Click here to go there.

Lots of cool new features including:
  • A/B Switch feature
    New gain trim functions for summed sources
    New Source Profile fader trim options
    Switch from Fader Start to Fader Normal mode on-the-fly
    Added metering options
Read more in the version notes that are part of the installation documents.

Cheers!

Stephen Wilkinson

Post by Stephen Wilkinson »

I don't know if anyone else has found an issue with this version of software?

I have an issue with the "Post-processing trim gain" option.
When it is set in the channel profile to "Retain source setting" and you have Compressor Active for that source, it throws up on the Alpha Numeric Display "Device Error".

I got around this by setting it to "Use" 0.0 in the channel profile instead of "Retain source setting".

Of course it is better to have these type of settings done with the Source Profile than the channel, so the settings follow the source if it is selected on a different fader.

On another note, are there still plans to have an option in the show profiles to have an External Preview source permanently on, rather than having a GPIO link and making Pathfinder re-connect that link everytime a profile is reloaded.
Also an option to change the balistics of the meters back to the original way they displayed, which was more a "jock" friendly/idiot proof way to read peaks. Most "Jocks" have trouble seeing the little blue lines as the peaks.

Keep up the good work.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Stephen Wilkinson wrote:On another note, are there still plans to have an option in the show profiles to have an External Preview source permanently on, rather than having a GPIO link and making Pathfinder re-connect that link everytime a profile is reloaded.
Also an option to change the balistics of the meters back to the original way they displayed, which was more a "jock" friendly/idiot proof way to read peaks. Most "Jocks" have trouble seeing the little blue lines as the peaks.
I don't recall what the status on the Ext Preview GPIO discussion has led to, I will have to look into that.

As for the meters. Engine Version 2.4.10 series is expected to support different metering other than what is currently available. This is anticipated to be the next major Engine/Elem release. I can (not) state when though.

Stephen Wilkinson

Post by Stephen Wilkinson »

Thanks Milos for the update.

We have the external preview on constantly, it has our Dalet Playout system preview channel feeding it. This is used for checking mix/crossfade points. Saves on tieing up a desk fader.

Has anyone found the same issue with the post processing trim?

Thanks
Stephen
Stephen Wilkinson

Technical Operations Manager
Hope 103.2
Sydney, Australia
www.hope1032.com.au

clarknovak

Post by clarknovak »

Stephen, it appears you found a genuine "bug". Good news is, you found the workaround as well :wink:

Our Support team has passed this on to development and it will be fixed.

warrencooper

Element and 2x12 Connection issues

Post by warrencooper »

Hi
We are having an issue with hybrids and the Element since going to this version of the software. Under the Phone Channels section of the Element Control Center, the active phone connections state keeps displaying connect request instead of connected. Sometimes it will display connected for a short while, but then it reverts to connect request. The phones on the mixer are unavailable. We are connecting to a Telos 2x12. This was working fine until the upgrade.

Has anyone experienced this? Has a configuration method changed that i have missed? Are there any solutions, or should i revert to version 2.0.1r1

Thanx

Warren

cmac

Porgram 4 Record Buss

Post by cmac »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if it was an oversite or not, but with the new monitor feature Program 4 record buss is not an option. Program 1 -4 is there but not the pre control program 4 buss.
Cheers

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Re: Element and 2x12 Connection issues

Post by AXIA_milos »

warrencooper wrote:Hi
We are having an issue with hybrids and the Element since going to this version of the software. Under the Phone Channels section of the Element Control Center, the active phone connections state keeps displaying connect request instead of connected. Sometimes it will display connected for a short while, but then it reverts to connect request. The phones on the mixer are unavailable. We are connecting to a Telos 2x12. This was working fine until the upgrade.
Please move to version 2.0.1r1. The 2.1.0.21 introduces a command that is intended for Nx12 product line. Development was not expecting the TCP connection to 2x12 to be impacted by this, but it is. This also impacts 2101 Studio Units. Development is aware of this and is working on it.

2.1.0r21 is not suggested for any customers using Element to control a 2x12 or 2101.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Re: Porgram 4 Record Buss

Post by AXIA_milos »

cmac wrote: Just wondering if it was an oversite or not, but with the new monitor feature Program 4 record buss is not an option. Program 1 -4 is there but not the pre control program 4 buss.
Yes that would be a good option to have. I will discuss with development.

Thank you for pointing it out.

milos

warrencooper

Re: Element and 2x12 Connection issues

Post by warrencooper »

AXIA_milos wrote:
warrencooper wrote:Hi
Please move to version 2.0.1r1. The 2.1.0.21 introduces a command that is intended for Nx12 product line. Development was not expecting the TCP connection to 2x12 to be impacted by this, but it is. This also impacts 2101 Studio Units. Development is aware of this and is working on it.

2.1.0r21 is not suggested for any customers using Element to control a 2x12 or 2101.
Hi Milos

Thanx for the response
I have reverted back to ver 2.0.1r1 and all is well again.
When we originally moved to ver 2.0.1r1 we also had difficulties connecting to the 2x12. Following the config in the manual would not allow the desk to control the 2x12.
After contacting support, i was told to put the 2x12 ip into the phone hybrid ip of the source config even tho the manual states that this is the EURO mode setup and we are using US mode.
This fixed the problem.
Was this a bug in ver 2.0.1r1, or is this the recommended setup for US and Euro modes in the newer versions of the software?

Warren

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

You don't need to enter in an IP address in the Source profile but you do need to enter in Phone Module ID and Hybrid number in Source profile. You also need to reload the show profile.