Brand new box - Axia Power Station

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

davidbeck

Brand new box - Axia Power Station

Post by davidbeck »

Hi

I just discover in April edition of Radio World magazine new advertisement from Axia announcing a brand new box - Axia Power Station. It is all-in-one solution like having Element Power supply, GPIO node, Mic Node, Analog Node and even Ethernet swith in one box size 4U!! How cool!!!

- 2 mic inputs
- 4 analog inputs
- 2 AES/EBU inputs

- 6 analog outputs
- 2 AES/UBU outputs
- no extra Cisco switch needed

Take a look http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newbay/rw_20090408/#/14

David Beck
David Beck

Chief Engeneer
Radio Blanik / Radio City / Oldies Radio
Praha, Czech Republic

beck@radioblanik.cz

Andrew_KOOP

Post by Andrew_KOOP »

That does look cool. I like the redundant gigabit ports.

jp

Post by jp »

Well rats....we just finished an 18 mini studio install that this would have been perfect for....
~~~~~~~~~~
John Penovich
Radio Free Asia
~~~~~~~~~~

wgabel

Post by wgabel »

Hi,
Yes, this sounds and LOOKS :shock: really cool. Hopefully the price for this ALLinONE box will be acceptable as well.

This is exactly done for a news booth; just to make some telephone interviews or preproductions. A good addition will be a Console includes 3-4 faders with Master Section. Normally 2 faders (Monitor+2 Fader Module) is not enough for a news booth. Announcer needs fader for telephone, microphone and computer player the same time. To use a 4-fader and Master-Module is sometimes too big for a news booth because you need space for a 8 frame console. :!:

But, I like to see this box soon. What a pity not to visit the NAB show in Las Vegas this year. :(

- Werner

Jon

Post by Jon »

Will the individual components be hot swappable in case of a failure?

ie AES / analog / mic inputs on separate boards that can be replaced on site or would the entire chasis have to be replaced?

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

The Audio and GPIO portion is on a single PCB. So this isn't a *hot-Swap* change.

clarknovak

PowerStation wins!

Post by clarknovak »

BTW, PowerStation won both the Radio Pick Hit and Radio World Cool Stuff awards at NAB. Just thought I'd pass that along... :D

AND now that it's formally been announced, check out the PowerStation page on the Axia website at www.AxiaAudio.com/powerstation/ . We look forward to answering your questions.

ACLJ

Post by ACLJ »

We just installed a Powerstation with an analog node here in Nashville. Pictures of it are in the studio pix section. Needless to say, having all the main parts in one unit AND the unit is shaped like a massive heat sink, we love it so far! Much easier to install and configure and the price isn't that bad. So far it is a good unit. The only part that seems to frustrate me every day is the built in clock. The clock in stand alone mode is horrible, looses about 2-4 seconds an hour. I might be missing something as to why that is happening, but its not a huge deal anyways for what we are doing. Tech support 24/7 is a great help and over all we are very pleased with our choice. It should also be noted that the element surface and the Powerstation are separated by 40ft between the control room and the rack room (that stretch was pretty impressive).

Best features: Heat sink design, ease of install, livewire!
Worst features: Clock, only DVI mon out (no VGA), and no Off switch

Great product so far!

-Lee Kebler

Producer/Engineer
"Jay Sekulow Live"
www.aclj.org
Axia's best spokesman would be Mr. Freely... Mr. I.P. Freely.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Lee,

The Powerstation does not include an atomic clock stable time piece. It is similar to what you would find in most electronics today. To have accurate time, it is best to sync the clock from an NTP server. This is the best way to keep time.

Jon

Post by Jon »

Worst case scenario - if you have a workstation running on the same network with access to the internet. Gateway on one NIC & Axia on a separate NIC is usually the simplest solution to avoid headaches.

You can configure a WinXP box to run as an NTP server & sync to internet, but a simpler solution is to install Tardis on the station & sync it to an internet to a reliable internet clock (like time.nrc.ca) on a 10 minute cycle then point your NTP on the powerstation to the local IP of the workstation.

If you are running a firewall on the station, be sure to modify it for the port you are broadcasting the NTP on.

http://www.kaska.demon.co.uk/tardis.htm

I've done this for a couple of remote installs where they did not want to shell out $1500 for a GPS NTP master & works fine.

inoxseni

re:

Post by inoxseni »

thanks for posting here :)