Lock Profile

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

cervin

Lock Profile

Post by cervin »

This is my first post so I ask that you please forgive me if I begin asking elementary questions.

I am an IT tech for a small university that has a "radio station" for their Mass Communications course. Last year the radio station was updated with all new equipment (Axia Power Station, Element Control board, NexGen computer). I started working for the university in January and the tech that was responsible for the equipment is not here any longer and it's been handed to me. Although I've working in the Electronics/Audio industry most of my career I have never worked in a radio station so I'm learning as I go. It's my job (amoung others) to ensure that the station continues to work properly.

So my first question is: Is there a way to lock-out the profile selection button? I'm trying to prevent the tech savay students from mucking up the system for the less tech savay students.

Second Question/Inquiry : I have accessed the Master module control lock map and attempted to lock several functions so that student can not mistakenly make changes to things like mic levels. Once I save changes it seems I can still go to the board and adjust things I thought I locked. Am I missing a step after I "save changes"?

CYost

Post by CYost »

I don't know of a way to do what you are asking in your first question. That said, I think I might be able to help with your second query.

After modifying the show profile you need to re-load it for changes to take effect. This can either be done by unloading it and then loading it again through the profiles page on the element's screen, or by holding the profile button on the console for 7 seconds.

Since you mentioned that you have been handed this position, do you have a copy of the Element manual? If you do not, it and all the other Axia Equipment manuals are free to download under the support section of the main website (AxiaAudio.com).

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

Show Profile button can not be locked. If you are concerned about having students change the shows, you can consider only making one show profile or each profile is locked down so that they really don't have many options with any of the show profiles.