Setting preamp gain from Element

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

Andrew_KOOP

Setting preamp gain from Element

Post by Andrew_KOOP »

Hello Axians,

When we find ourselves doing live music we frequently have to change the preamp gain of our mic nodes for whatever unearthly microphones happen to be plugged in to them. So we take advantage of the source profile setting that allows you to tweak preamp gain from the element using the rotary knobs.

But... sometimes we're not so good about setting things back the way they are supposed to be.

So is there a way to push a preamp gain value to a mic node input channel either through a source profile or through a Pathfinder action? It would be nice to know that by loading a profile the preamp values will go back to a known position.

On a separate note - we have an LCD button set up as our "known good" button. When an operator presses it we trigger a script that loads the default profile, resets some routes, etc. It's a really nice way to fix most of the problems that arise from values shifting around and I'd recommend setting up such a button to everyone.

Cheers,
-A

Andrew_KOOP

Post by Andrew_KOOP »

I knew I should have read the manual before posting that.

It appears there is a gain change action in Pathfinder. Until I started typing that previous message I forgot that Pathfinder might be able to handle this.

If there is any way to do this through the source / show profiles that would be even spiffier.

Thanks,