Saving EQ and other settings to source profile

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

plmdwlr

Saving EQ and other settings to source profile

Post by plmdwlr »

When saving a show profile, all settings are saved including EQ ect. If I go to build a source profile and plug in numbers to the EQ section so I can retain them, then hit save changes, those settings are not saved and do not show up when I check back. Am I doing something wrong? Thoughts? We use the Element for live audio, and the ability to save these settings would be great and make this system much more useful.
Steve Cook
Audio Visual Support
Palm Desert Community Presbyterian Church
Assistant Engineer
KHCS Palm Desert, CA

clarknovak

Post by clarknovak »

Steve, clarifying: You're saying that you cannot save the EQ settins in your Source Profiles?

plmdwlr

Carefully edit eq settings for a source, they do not save

Post by plmdwlr »

Yes that is correct. I carefully plug the EQ settings in to the source profile, save it, go back in and lo and behold, they are all back to default. Now if I set up the whole show the way I want it and save a show profile, ALL the settings are saved. It would be nice to pull up a given lapel mic, EQed to a particular person and not have to re tweak it.

Also, in live situations like we are using this for, it would be nice to have the option to save changes and shows from the surface. I know the element is made more for radio, and understand not wanting the talent to be able to change things. Maybe there could be an option that could be selected in the setup where the surface could have more control, kind of like different level users on a PC.

Cheers
Steve Cook
Audio Visual Support
Palm Desert Community Presbyterian Church
Assistant Engineer
KHCS Palm Desert, CA

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

show profile settings take precedence over source profile settings.
Check the settings in the show profile per channel and consider changing them to "Retain Source settings"