On air button automatically switch off after missing audio

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

cristiandvd

On air button automatically switch off after missing audio

Post by cristiandvd »

Hello . This is my first post here. I`m not an axia expert. I just started to discover it.
My question is why the on air switch from the console is switching off automatically after a period of missing audio on that channel.
Is that a feature or a bug ?
Thank you very much
Cristian

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Re: On air button automatically switch off after missing aud

Post by AXIA_milos »

cristiandvd wrote:Hello . This is my first post here. I`m not an axia expert. I just started to discover it.
My question is why the on air switch from the console is switching off automatically after a period of missing audio on that channel.
Is that a feature or a bug ?
Thank you very much
Cristian
The ON Air switch from console would always be on as long as a microphone in the studio is turned on. You are reporting something that can not happen. So there is information missing about how your system is working.

Are you speaking of an ON AIR light?
Are you speaking of the ON AIR annunciator on the VGA display?

Please provide more details on the issue.

cristiandvd

Post by cristiandvd »

Hi. I think i didn't make my self clear. Every channel on the axia console has an on/off switch. Those are the switches that are turning off. But, i resolved the issue. Was from the zenon automation.
Thank you so much for your reply

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

I see now. The automation system was using GPIO control to turn off the channels. You had assumed that the console was doing it on its own because there was no audio on the channel. Yes, GPIO control can often be the case why things happen and customers don't know why. There are a lot of remote control options and when there is a problem with something happening 'by itself', we shouldn't forget about the remote control functions.