Phone System and Profiles

Talk about Element audio consoles.

Moderator: AXIA_milos

ReganFick

Post by ReganFick »

So, I understand in some Telos phone system manuals you are required to insert the phone system ip address and other such information in the phone configuration for show profiles instead of the element consoles main phone channel settings area. At least this is the way I'm interpreting the instructions. The question which I would like to have answered is does this mean I can go to other consoles in the station connected to the network and load that show profile and hook up with the phone system for that studio or is there things I have to do with pathfinder? I am referring as if there were a caller control module in the element console.
Thanks!

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

No need to do anything with Pathfinder in this case.

When you have a call controller, it acts as a client to the Telos box (the server). So entering the properties in the Element show profile will effectively cause the call controller to log into the Telos unit on the load of the Element profile.

This is very handy in cases for a backup studio to be able to log into the call system associated with a station. Effectively making any studio able to control the calls.

ReganFick

Post by ReganFick »

This certainly would be resourceful to access the stations phone system through a show profile. One other question I came acroos afterwards was for this to work would I need an RJ11 connector to every console I wanna use with that show profile.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

The call controller I'm referring to is the Axia module that includes two faders. This module does not connect to the Telos boxes, but is part of the CANBUS network of the console. So the software of the console communicates to the Telos boxes (2101, 2x12, Nx12, Nx6, VX, iQ6).

The RJ11 connection you may be referring to is not the same call controller but instead is a direct wire controller possibly for 1x6 or 2x12. The functionality I am referring wouldn't work with this hardware but requires the hardware mentioned earlier which is an Axia module.

ReganFick

Post by ReganFick »

I think I might have been thinking about the smart surface console when I posted the last reply.There is a phone system jack on the back of that.Could I connect to that with the livewire port on the back of the Telos Hybrid or do I need the same kind of connection as the phone to the hybrid?

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

The connection on the SmartSurface is for a direct wire hardware and not an ethernet based connection. The Smart surface manual covers this in Appendix D.