ASI 6585 has GPIO

Are you an Axia partner? Do you own 3rd-party Livewire gear? Post here

Moderator: AXIA_milos

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

ASI 6585 has GPIO

Post by AXIA_milos »

Just a word to anyone reading, I found the other day while assisting a customer that the ASI6585 card has included GPIO function. This wasn't implemented at release of the card. Not sure how an automation system uses the GPIO, that is something between ASI and the delivery system, but either way, nice to know it now has GPIO. If interested in using GPIO, I would suggest approaching the delivery system support team and then maybe ASI.

chrisweiss

Post by chrisweiss »

We just received an ASI Livewire card and are putting it into an experimental audio server on our NexGen system. I should have an answer on the GPIO question soon. We've been using the multi-channel IP audio driver with GPIO control for about 6 months without issues, but the station pitch shifts its music, and the IP audio driver doesn't deal with this as well as an ASI card can.

clarknovak

Post by clarknovak »

Chris, please post your experience here. I'm sure there's plenty of folks who'd be interested in knowing how this works out.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

I have a suspicion that there is no interface on the part of ASI to the PC. If this were true, then establishing a TCP connection to the IP address of the ASI card would be the method to observe changes in GPIO. That would be a question for NexGen on how the application would do that.

chrisweiss

Post by chrisweiss »

Shouldn't the audio server handle communication with the ASI Livewire card at an API level? NexGen can already handle source switching on the Orban PC1100 cards in a similar manner.

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

The API is through port 93 of the IP address of the ASI card. Your delivery system needs to be able to access this. I know NexGen is able to access port 93 of the IP driver, this may be done on the LOOPBACK. But it is only an IP address away for NexGen to be able to do the same with the ASI card.

mpaton

Post by mpaton »

Hi There

Just wondering if anybody has this card's GPIO's working with Nexgen? I am getting errors about a missing IP driver when booting Nexgen up...

Cheers

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

NexGen interfaces with the GPIO of the IP driver, not with the GPIO of an ASI card.