Telephone connectivity

Are you an Axia partner? Do you own 3rd-party Livewire gear? Post here

Moderator: AXIA_milos

Adewole

Telephone connectivity

Post by Adewole »

Hi everyboby,
how do i connect a phone to Axia/livewire based technology,please.
Nb: what do i need e.t.c

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

The easiest method is to have a phone Hybrid device that connect to your phone service and provides audio I/O that can be wired to an Axia node.
There is also the Nx12 Telos product (Telos-Systems.com) which has a Livewire port.

Adewole

Post by Adewole »

AXIA_milos wrote:The easiest method is to have a phone Hybrid device that connect to your phone service and provides audio I/O that can be wired to an Axia node.
There is also the Nx12 Telos product (Telos-Systems.com) which has a Livewire port.

Thanks, culd suggest types of hybrid device.
what kind of Nx12 prioduct is that, pls
thanks

clarknovak

Post by clarknovak »

Adewole wrote:Thanks, culd suggest types of hybrid device.
Hi Adewole,

There are many kinds of telephone hybrids. Since I know Telos equipment best, here are some that may work for you:

Telos ONE is an inexpensive, all-digital single-line hybrid that works with one POTS phone line.

Telos ONE-x-Six is a talkshow version of the ONE that works with six POTS lines at a time.

There are other hybrids, but these two are very common, give great audio and are easy to use. You would connect them to your Axia net work using Analog Node inputs and one of the GPIO ports on your Element power supply.
what kind of Nx12 prioduct is that
Nx12 is the newest Telos talkshow system. It can handle up to 12 incoming phone lines, either POTS or ISDN, and connects to Axia networks using an Ethernet cable for all connections.

Hope you find this useful!

Adewole

Post by Adewole »

AXIA_milos wrote:The easiest method is to have a phone Hybrid device that connect to your phone service and provides audio I/O that can be wired to an Axia node.

Reference 2 above.
We do have an N x 12 Telos product in the system [circuit].
What next,please!!!!!!!
Season greetings!!!!!!!!!

AXIA_milos
Axia Team

Post by AXIA_milos »

You may want to review the manual for the Nx12 (http://telos-systems.com/support/manual ... %201-6.pdf) which is found at our sister division Telos-Systems.com.

The Nx12 needs to be connected to your local telecom provider. This can either be a POTS or ISDN connection and the Nx12 needs to have the appropriate interface (refer to the manual for more details).

Are you able to receive calls and make calls with the use of the Telos Desktop Director? If you are not familiar with this product, refer to the Telos-Systems.com website (http://telos-systems.com/accessories/directors.htm).

If you are having issues with the above items, I suggest you send an email to support@telos-systems.com and provide the following information.
Product: Nx12
Serial Number:
Telecom connection: (POTS or ISDN?)
description of what you have tried.

Also, you may ask from whom you purchased the product from for some assistance.

edall

Post by edall »

_____