Hope 103.2, Sydney, Australia

Show off your facilities here
Stephen Wilkinson

Hope 103.2, Sydney, Australia

Post by Stephen Wilkinson »

Hope 103.2 in Australia is a Christian Community (public) Metro FM station.
http://hope1032.com.au/

Here are some Pictures of our Axia studio rebuild, Studio B.
The station was still onair with the old Sudio A.
Studio B was completed in November 2007 and became the main On Air studio.

OLD Studio B - RME 400 desk (circa 1979/80's)

Completed Studio B

Presenter/DJ position - Internet PC, 2x Dalet screens and Axia screen.
Easy sightlines to Guests and Producer on otherside of glass.

PhoneBox Touchscreen and CD Player location, with Mic Node and Element PSU.

Co Host Area (to right of DJ) - with seperate Phone control and Dalet screen

Guest Area with easy sightlines to DJ and extra position for 3rd guest

Processing and some Nodes (Nov 2007)

Studio A was the next Studio to be refited with Axia, it is a "mirror reverse" of Studio B and was completed in July 2008.

New desk work being installed

Studio A Completed

Close up of Axia Desk and Rack

Studio C was rebuilt in December 2008. It was mainly used for Voice Tracking as its analogue design/layout didn't really allow for interviews.
Now with the re-design it is capable of having two guests for face to face interviews.

Old Studio C

Clear Studio ready for new desk work

Equipment being installed

Studio C Completed

Rack room photos to come. :-)

mgalek

Dalet

Post by mgalek »

Stephen, are you guys using the Axia IP Audio Driver with your Dalet system? We are running Dalet 1.4F here at The Metropolitan Opera and was curious if the Axia drivers were compatible with Dalet.

thanks!
matt
The Metropolitan Opera
New York, NY

Stephen Wilkinson

RE: Dalet

Post by Stephen Wilkinson »

We're using the Axia IP drivers with Dalet but we're still running 5.1e, I think it sounds like you're running Dalet Plus.

They do run well with Dalet. The only weird issue seems to be a misalignment when in Multitrack mode between the display and what you hear on a fade envelope, though we rarely use this app "Surfer 2 or above". Straight recording and editing works well.

In my discussions with Dalet the drivers will work with your version, probably better, it would be good if Dalet became an Axia partner like Netia, then you'd get GPIO's included in the drivers.

I hope this is some help.
Stephen Wilkinson

Technical Operations Manager
Hope 103.2
Sydney, Australia
www.hope1032.com.au

mgalek

Re: RE: Dalet

Post by mgalek »

Stephen Wilkinson wrote:We're using the Axia IP drivers with Dalet but we're still running 5.1e, I think it sounds like you're running Dalet Plus.

They do run well with Dalet. The only weird issue seems to be a misalignment when in Multitrack mode between the display and what you hear on a fade envelope, though we rarely use this app "Surfer 2 or above". Straight recording and editing works well.

In my discussions with Dalet the drivers will work with your version, probably better, it would be good if Dalet became an Axia partner like Netia, then you'd get GPIO's included in the drivers.

This is super helpful! Yes, we are actually running a kind of hybrid version of Dalet Plus and Dalet Radio HD. This summer when we have some down time in our opera season I'm going to try and get the drivers working on our Ingest machines. That would free up some AES nodes/Lynx cards and clean up a TON of cabling in our racks. Thanks for the insight Stephen.

-matt
The Metropolitan Opera
New York, NY

clarknovak

Thank you!

Post by clarknovak »

Stephen, these are fantastic pix (and great work shots too)! Thank you very much for sharing them.

CDMichaels

Re: RE: Dalet

Post by CDMichaels »

Stephen Wilkinson wrote:We're using the Axia IP drivers with Dalet but we're still running 5.1e, I think it sounds like you're running Dalet Plus.

Hello Stephen; you mention running Dalet 5.1e with Axia Audio Hardware using the IP Audio Driver. Are you able to use Dalet 5.1e with Axia to record multiple feeds? How about AUTO INPUT? Can you pass audio at the inputs to the outputs? What OS (2k, xp pro) and service pack are you running Dalet 5.1e on, what patch level of Dalet are you using?

I can run 8 stereo outputs, but can't record without samplingp generated noise and AUTO INPUT is broken (patch level?). Also, playback generates pop at end of file or at loop point